Mission Statement Our mission is to lead hurting and struggling people to a loving God, who sent His only begotten Son to forgive us and take away our sins by way of the cross. We desire to help you understand God’s calling.
About The Founder My name is Pastor Jeff Latham, I was raised in Southern Blanco County. Since I can remember, I have been around cattle or horses. I learned to ride on small bulls and untrained horses mostly. I learned their strength can toss you over a fence or kick out your teeth. Life is tough! We began this ministry when we trained a wild horse, sold it and gave the funds to launch Rodeo4Jesus. If you would like to know more about life with Jesus, please let us know. We will pray with you and email you a simple 2 page Bible Study for reading at your own pace. See you in the arena!
Don’t forget your free 4 x 6 inch Rodeo4Jesus decal or 1 x 3 sticker.
1. Rope- [Ghah-Hebrew word meaning twisted darkness] there are “66″ coils in the rope which represent the books of the bible. Scripture is used for correction to repair man’s separation from God.
2. Rodeo- man’s inward struggle, rejection and wrangling against God for control of life and self enlightenment = SIN John 14:6closeJohn 14:6 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (ESV)
- “Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
3. Ox Head- [Aleph- Hebrew word meaning "the Beginning"] God is the Beginning, a strong, powerful, and holy leader. In biblical times a farmer would place a cross at the end of the field in order keep the rows straight. Just as the ox was driven toward the cross, Jesus was also driven to the cross. John 3:16closeJohn 3:16 16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (ESV)
- “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”
4. The Number 4- Take another look at the 4. It is broken, just as we are. Disobedience, flaws and errors need forgiveness for the wages (payment) of sin is death (Romans 6:23closeRomans 6:23 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (ESV)
5. Cross- [Taw] in the midst of our brokeness the cross brings about forgiveness and healing. The goal of the farmer is to plow a straight row. In order to do this he must keep his eyes on the cross and the cross only. The cross is the only thing that can bring about salvation from sin. Luke 9:56closeLuke 9:56 56 And they went on to another village. (ESV)
- “for the Son of Man (Jesus) did not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them”
6. Blemished Swirls- Christ became sin, bled and died for our sins in order to save our sinful souls. He made payment for us!
7. Jesus- arose from the grave on the 3rd day to wash away our sins to save us, if we confess, believe, and follow Him.
Invite Jesus to come into your heart and Rodeo4Jesus!!
Search our site
Verse of the Week
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. (ESV)
Westover Baptist Church is a small congregation that has been a part of the San Marcos community for the past 70 years.
We love Jesus Christ, the Word of God, and people. We believe that the Bible is inerrant Word of God and salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone.
Email. email@example.com 1310 Advance St.
San Marcos, TX 78666